BeckenhamTown.us

Biggest & best independent local community forum, directory, marketplace, events

Well we are two Saturdays away from England's first group game versus the USA on ITV at 7.30pm, so I thought I'd start up a World Cup thread. Post your views, news, tips, moans, stories, fan pics etc here and let's roar our 3 Lions home with the World Cup trophy in July.

The day job brings me into contact with a lot of digital solutions and news and it's all focused on the World Cup at the moment with things like viral ads, games, mobile apps. I've attached an automated Football Tracker which you can spread round work and everyone can update the tables as each game is played. It will work out who plays who, where and when in the next rounds too.

A fun game to try is Tweety Uppy if you are a Twitterer. A rare thing this a Twitter game where you pass on the ball to someone else and they do the same, the winner gets a 3DTV! Not bad.

And for all those with a smartphone like an Android, iPhone, Windows etc and caught short out, not near a TV during a World Cup game, then try out Yamgo.com or on your phone Yamgo.mobi - FREE TV on your mobile (bandwidth might cost you though, so make sure you are on a good all in tariff), it covers all the main terrestrial and a few of the digital channels including a lot of the football club TV channels too, like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham etc. It already came to the rescue when England played Mexico the other night and I had to run an errand just around kick-off. Good pic and sound on my Android G1.

Well I'm all flagged and bunting'd up and as soon as the rain stops then the world cup tradition in our house will start again and they'll be flying proud for Rio and his team. I'm being positive, finals here we come...

Just don't mention penalties...

I look forward to the banter here over the coming weeks...w

Views: 13

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quick highlights of England's final warm up game against Japan today - VIDEO - CLICK HERE

For those at a PC view #wc2010 ITV games at http://bit.ly/2riC8k

For those on mobile http://www.yamgo.mobi  

And BBC TV games or 5Live at http://bit.ly/9T6pdz

Yamgo is a great streaming site of BBC & ITV on Android and possibly iPhone mobiles

And for a great automated World Cup Football Tracker check out http://www.oggs.com/football-tracker

Which pubs and bars in Beckenham, Penge, Elmers End, West Wickham, Crystal Palace, Sydenham & Bromley are best to watch the World Cup in?
Well that's it for another 4 years. Let's hope the 'real' players turn up for the next one...

We say it after each failed tournament, but I wonder when we'll actually pick a real cohesive 'team' and not a lot of over rated individual millionaires.

44 years and Germany put to rest 1966, including goals over lines.

We we're Blattered!
BREAKING NEWS - Reuters has reported that FIFA has confirmed that the England v Germany World Cup last 16 match is to be replayed, after officials decided that Frank Lampard's disallowed goal could have materially altered the result of the game.
Wednesday's Germany v Spain semi-final has been postponed, and the England v Germany match will take place instead. The winner will play Spain next Sunday in the semi-final, with the World Cup Final itself now taking place 3 days later.
Suspicions were aroused that something was afoot when the English FA quickly reversed itself last week and confirmed that Fabio Capello would be staying on as manager, and that his position was not being reviewed.
FIFA's decision to put England back in the tournament also explains why England captain Steven Gerrard and striker Wayne Rooney pulled out of an O2 event due to be staged later this month. The England squad is currently on its way back to South Africa.
A FIFA spokesperson said: 'This unprecedented action has been taken in the interests of fairness'.
For full details of the Reuters report, please scroll down.

Carlsberg don't do breaking news stories, but if they did, they'd probably be the best in the world.........

I did love this England football team pic I was sent today - classic!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

CREATE YOUR OWN UNIQUE PROFILE PHOTO WITH 

@FACES2ONE iOS FREE APP

Hire for private events!

CLICK HERE -

Sapore Vero On The Road

Photos

• Add Photos

List in our Local Directory

Local Services

- Accountancy & Bookkeeping

- Advertising Services

- Architects & Designers

- Arts & Illustrators

- Bars, Pubs, Clubs

- Beauty & Health Salon/Mobile/Home Parties

- Boutiques & Personal Shoppers

- Bridal & Wedding

- Builders & Decorators

- Business Services

- Cake & Bakers

- Carpenters

- Car Sales, Dealers & Parts

- Cleaning Services

- Computer Services

- Counselling & Psychotherapy

- Crafts

- Dentists

- DJ & Music Services

- Drainage & Guttering

- Dressmakers & Seamstresses

- Driving Schools & Instructors

- Electricians

- Emergency Services

- Entertainment & Days Out

- Estate & Letting Agents

- Family, Parents, Children, Baby

- Financial Services

- Fire Security Locksmiths Alarms

- Flooring

- Food & Drink

- Foreign Exchange

- Funerals & Undertakers

- Garages & Mechanics

- Gardeners & Fencers

- Glaziers, Windows, Glass

- Hairdressers

- Health, Hospitals, Doctors, Dentists

- Home Improvements

- House Clearance

- Hypnotherapy

- Jobs, HR & Recruitment

- Keep Fit, Gym & Dance

- Kitchens Bathrooms & Fitters

- Management Agents

- Mobility Services

- Money Transfer & Loans

- Mortgage Brokers/Advice

- Nannies & Baby Sitters

- Party Services, Halls/Venues, Entertainers

- Pest Control/Exterminators

- Plumbers & Boiler Engineers

- Photographers

- Plasterers

Printers & Copiers

- Religion

- Removals

- Restaurants

- Restorers

- SHOPS - Local & Online

- Slimming & Weightloss

- Sports

- Solicitors

- Surveyors

- Takeaways

- Taxi, Mini Cab, Chauffeur & Car Hire

- Teachers and Tutors

- Topiary & Hedges

- Utilities

- Vets and Pets

- Video & Film Services

- Voluntary Services

- WIFI places

If there is a category that you'd like just ask Jon the owner for it :-)

© 2017   Created by Jon Clarke.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Your SEO optimized title page contents